Currently there are at least 19 other states and approximately 60 other local governments with actions opposing the installation of these meters in the United States alone. In addition, independent experts, scientists, medical doctors, prestigious institutions, and many others who have no financial incentive are voicing serious concerns surrounding Smart Meters and some are calling for a moratorium until smart meters are shown to be safe.
- Smart Meters have caused several hundredsof fires in Pennsylvania, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, & California.
- Smart Meters have not been independently tested for safety. They have only been tested by the utilities internally for data accuracy and transmission. This is far from meeting ANSI or UL testing standards.
- Smart Meter installers and engineersin other states are coming forward, some even taking legal action, voicing serious fire and personal safety concerns.
- Smart Meters have been shown to interfere with vital medical equipment such as pacemakers.
- No independent authority has conducted a single study on the short- and long-term human health effects of Smart Meters.
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) recommends a moratorium on Smart Metersbased on double-blinded, placebo controlled research of wireless radio frequency on humans, particularly if a household member already suffers from any of 40 conditions listed, such as headaches, attention deficit disorder, cancer, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, liver diseases, and even pregnancy – to name just a few.
- In addition, many prestigious medical institutions, scientists, and experts from all around the world have released similar warningsof negative health effects, especially for the elderly, infants and children.
- Reports show ZERO savings for consumers.
- There are attorneys general filing objections against Smart Meter deployment on the sole position that ratepayers in their states would never see any real savings or benefits.
- Some utilities plan to charge higher rates at peak use times, called “time of use” metering. This could mean higher electricity rates during hot weather.
- Businesses and households who cannot lower usage during peak times – i.e. retirees, disabled Americans, individuals using medical equipment, telecommuters, home businesses, and stay at home moms – will most likely pay more for electricityas their circumstances or disabilities preclude the possibility of a rebate.
- Pepco and BGE together have already received $305M of our tax money. Estimated costs for Smart Meters in Maryland is approximately $1B. Regardless of what they tell us, we (the consumers) will be footing the bill.
- Wireless Smart Meters facilitate malicious accessto our power grid and leave us all vulnerable to massive power outages.
- Smart Meters monitor, collect, and transmit so much data about our daily activitiesthat they are, in effect, a new form of surveillance. Anyone with access (authorized or not) can alarm tell whether you are home or not; what appliances you are using; whether or not your home system is on or what medical equipment you are using.
- There is no law protecting ratepayers from disclosure or sale of our sensitive information. This information is extremely valuable to third parties such as insurance companies, marketers, law enforcement, and criminals.
AAEM: WiFi in Schools & Public Places Risks Widespread Public Health Hazard
On November 14, 2013, the American Academy of Environmental Medicine issued a statement regarding wireless radiofrequency radiation in schools.
The AAEM strongly supports the use of wired Internet connections, and encourages avoidance of radiofrequency such as from WiFi, cellular and mobile phones and towers, and “smart meters.”
The peer reviewed, scientific literature demonstrates the correlation between RF exposure and neurological, cardiac, and pulmonary disease as well as reproductive and developmental disorders, immune dysfunction, cancer and other health conditions. The evidence is irrefutable. Despite this research, claims have been made that studies correlating emissions from WiFi, phones, smart meters, etc. with adverse health effects do not exist.
To install WiFi in schools plus public places risks a widespread public health hazard that the medical system is not yet prepared to address. Statistics show that you can expect to see an immediate reaction in 3% and delayed effects in 10% of citizens of all ages.
Former Microsoft Canada President Calls Wireless Radiation “Our Biggest Modern Health Threat”
Frank Clegg, former president of Microsoft Canada, is now an advocate for wireless radiation safety
Former Microsoft Canada President Calls Wireless Radiation “Our Biggest Modern Health Threat”.
We are convinced that there is nothing less than the future of our children at stake.
Former CIA director James Woolsey says the hacking vulnerabilities of the Smart Grid render it “a really really stupid grid”. Cyber security expert David Chalk says: “There is not a power meter or device on the grid that is protected from hacking – if not already infected – with some kind of Trojan horse that can cause the grid to be shut down or completely annihilated.”
Smart Meters are a surveillance device. They are a search without a warrant. They collect detailed energy usage, for instance: when you cook, watch TV, whether you are home or not, when you turn on a light, or if you have guests. This data is very valuable because it can reveal patterns about what you do and when. California utility companies admitted they are providing smart meter data to the government and third parties. More on smart grid privacy: Electronic Privacy Information Center
The World Health Organization classifies RF as a 2B carcinogen, same as DDT and lead. Military studies here and here show pulsed radiation can cause serious health problems, including tinnitus, memory loss and seizures. Thousands of studies link biological effects to RF radiation exposure, including increased cancer risk, damage to the nervous system, adverse reproductive effects, DNA damage, and more. The top public health official in Santa Cruz County California prepared this report, confirming Smart Meters pose a health risk. The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) sent this letter to the CPUC calling for a halt to wireless smart meters. See also this letter from Dr. Carpenter, endorsed by 50+experts.
Read about customers smart meter health complaints, which include sleep problems, headaches, nausea, anxiety, heart palpitations, tinnitus and ear pain, concentration and memory problems, dizziness, immune, nervous and hormonal system impacts.
Vulnerable groups include people with EMF sensitivities, medical implants, compromised immune systems, children, pregnant women, seniors and the environment! If you have a pacemaker PG&E warns you to stay 6 inches away from a Smart Meter.
Smart meter installations are causing fires, explosions and burnt out appliances in homes across the US Canada and Australia. See the shocking compilation of reports: Smart Meter Fires and Explosions
There have beenwidespread reports of smart meter billing overcharges. Smart meters are also failing and needing to be replaced. In 2010, PG&E reported over 43,000 Smart Meter problems of one kind or another. A lawsuit filed was against PG&E in California.
Utility companies are using our homes and businesses for their microwave networks! The electric meter operates around 900 mhz and 2.4Ghz. It constantly transmits and repeats data from 500 +/- homes in a mesh network, which includes collectors which repeat signals back to the utility via cell towers. Depending on where your home is located within the mesh network will determine how much radiation your meter transmits. PG&E finally admitted that the electric meters send an average of 10,000 pulses per meter per day, at a peak power of 2 1/2 watts and a maximum of 190,000 per day! You can hear the constant pulses in this video below, and see the damage to the environment.
Smart Grid proponents are expecting consumers will install a Home Area Network (HAN) and new smart appliances. Installing the HAN will allow the utility company to further monitor your electric usage and control the grid, by turning off certain appliances during peak use time, as they need.
The inPOWER Liability Action, also known as the Notice of Liability (NOL) process, is a mass-action of people protecting their rights and enforcing the individual liability of those who are causing or facilitating harm.
Said another way, it is a powerful remedy to access and use foundational laws and the rules of commerce to turn the tables on the individuals who have been hiding behind corporations and governments as they inflict for-profit harm upon men, women and children.
What’s inflicting harm in this case are ‘smart’ utility meters – aka radiating surveillance meters. This process is about having them removed, and preventing installations in the first place.
Anyone of age and of sound mind can do this process. It is for those who either want ‘smart’ meter(s) removed (or prevent installation) where they live; and or who want to be part of a greater solution to benefit humanity as a whole.
That being said, this Liability Action is NOT for everyone. It is only for those who are ready to engage in a solution and to shift their relationship with authority. It is not for those who are not yet ready to help themselves, or those who are comfortable with authority figures telling them how they must think and act.
However, in every inPOWER Liability Action process that’s been done so far, not one single sufficient response has been received. A “sufficient response” is basically defined in the Notice of Liability as one which:
- addresses every point of harm being stated in your NOLand your Affidavit; and
- is a sworn statement of fact.
That is, in order to rebut your Notice of Liability, a Respondent is required to send you an affidavit of their own, which addresses point-by-point every single claim made. They won’t do this, because their position is based on lies; and lying in such a document would perjure oneself.
This is why, as Cal says, when everyone knows the rules of commerce, it is a self-correcting system. But when only those in control know the rules, it sets up a system of slavery.